About this role
- Supports technical and engineering personnel with project support duties
- Compiles technical reports
- Provides input to technical studies/research projects, technical reports, project planning, etc.
- Produces accurate statistics, relevant figures, etc.
- Undertakes data analysis, identifies and investigates variations
- Prepares technical drawings, datasheets and documents under the direction of engineers
- Develops and maintains technical databases and spreadsheets
- Sources technical documents, information and drawings
- Reports any breaches of safety procedures to supervision / management
- Actively participates in and promotes company health and safety campaigns, policies and procedures, and ensures personal safety and that of colleagues at all times
In the industry
Technical Assistants are found in a variety of organisations including the Operators who own or manage production installations, major Engineering Contractors and Engineering Consultancies. They may work as part of a dedicated production or maintenance support team, or as part of a specific project team. They may have the requirement to occasionally travel offshore from time to time. The role is essential as it supports the technical personnel and ensures that they have the correct information and support to carry out their roles effectively and supports the timely delivery of key activities and projects.