About this role
- Provides specialist skills, integrity and knowledge in key areas of subsea pipeline engineering, including design codes, legislative requirements and current good engineering practice
- Undertakes responsibility for production of deliverables, which may include engineering support, design calculations, procedures, analyses, progress reports, bid evaluations, study reports and various third party submissions
- Provides pipeline, flexible flowline and/or umbilical analysis support for projects using analysis packages
- Produces and checks design documentation including feasibility reports, detailed design reports, equipment specifications etc.
- Provides mechanical and integrity calculations for offshore pipelines
- Coordinates pipeline engineering support to the execution of multidiscipline projects in line with defined budget and schedule
- Liaises with associated subsea related disciplines and understand the interfaces within a project
- Provides pipeline engineering assistance during occasional periods of offshore or site working
- Manages vendor personnel, reviews and accepts vendor procedures and work packs as required, and reviews and accepts vendor final reports
- Produces budgets and plans for specific studies or modifications and manages the cost control and reporting process
- Prepares regular progress reports
- Reports any breaches of safety procedures to supervision / management
- Actively participates in and promotes company health and safety campaigns, policies and procedures, and ensures personal safety and that of colleagues at all times
In the industry
Subsea engineering is used to increase hydrocarbon production in a cost optimized way for new field developments, tie-backs and for existing facilities, and can also enable production in marginal fields. Subsea Pipelines Engineers support subsea projects and activities offshore, and can work for a range of companies including companies who own or manage production facilities (known as Operators), major Subsea contractors, Service Companies and Engineering Consultancies. They fulfil a key role in enabling oil and gas to be produced and extracted safely from subsea production facilities.