About this role
- Develops and updates quality control standards and procedures
- Conducts visual and measurement tests, rejecting materials, etc. which do not conform to quality and industry standards
- Documents test/inspection results by completing reports and log.
- Ensures equipment used within the test and inspection process is properly calibrated
- Produces reports of defects and problems and makes sure remedial actions/follow-ups are carried out and closed out
- Prepares inspection schedules to ensure delivery deadlines are met
- Carries out site/offshore visits / audits and produces reports
- Reports any breaches of safety procedures to supervision / management
- Actively participates in and promotes company health and safety campaigns, policies and procedures, and ensures personal safety and that of colleagues at all times
In the industry
Goods and equipment for the oil and gas industry must meet very strict technical quality standards and Quality Controllers have a key part to play in making sure goods and equipment are fit for purpose and safe. They are found in a variety of organisations including the Operators who own or manage production installations, major Engineering Contractors, Drilling Contractors and specialist service companies.