About this role
- Ensures team members have a clear understanding of the overall strategy, business drivers and priorities of the project
- Develops project plans including engineering design/procurement, fabrication, vendor mobilisation, offshore construction and commissioning
- Manages the interface and communication processes between parties on all project activities
- Ensures changes to technical specifications are risk assessed, managed and appropriately captured in engineering and related documentation
- Ensures risk assessments are undertaken
- Manages project budgets/costs
- Reviews work schedules/plans, identifies opportunities to improve performance, reduce costs, maximise use of resources, etc.
- Ensures all activities are in line with industry and company engineering standards
- Make offshore and onshore site visits to check on progress
- Reports any breaches of safety procedures to supervision / management
- Actively participates in and promotes company health and safety campaigns, policies and procedures, and ensures personal safety and that of colleagues at all times
In the industry
Project Engineers have an essential role to play within technical project teams in ensuring that design, construction and major maintenance projects are completed safely and within budget. They are found in a variety of organisations including the Operators who own or manage production installations, major Engineering Contractors, Drilling Contractors and specialist service companies. The role is often based in an engineering or site project office, and may also involve regular tips to new construction sites and / or existing production facilities to undertake site visits and to check on progress.