About this role
- Maintains payroll information by collecting, calculating and entering data
- Updates payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions and job title and department/division transfers
- Ensures that all supporting payroll information and documentation is appropriate and correct
- Maintains manual/electronic filing systems in a confidential manner
- Maintains payroll operations by following policies, procedures and statutory requirements
- Deals with queries relating to pay in a timely and professional manner.
- Prepares and maintains spreadsheets, reports, databases etc
- Makes salary and other payments e.g. expenses to employees via BACS transfer systems
- Reports any breaches of safety procedures to supervision / management
- Actively participates in and promotes company health and safety campaigns, policies and procedures, and ensures personal safety and that of colleagues at all times
In the industry
All organisations are required to pay their personnel in a timely manner and Payroll Assistants may be employed directly or may employed by / outsourced to an external specialist payroll company.