About this role
- Ensures that all production operations are carried out in accordance with the requirements of Legislation, Safety Management and all other Company procedures and systems.
- Ensures full compliance with all mandatory procedures and regulations that relate to production operations
- Provides input to and participates in the preparation of, and subsequent management of production operations Budgets and Forecasts
- Oversees daily production / facility operational activities
- In emergency situations (real or simulated), provides leadership, direction and control for the installation in order to avert or minimise the impact on people and assets
- Ensures that personnel and systems are adequately practised, and regular emergency response exercises are conducted in order to prepare for such situations
- Organises, supervises and delegates the activities of the site personnel, so as to ensure that preventative maintenance, housekeeping and repairs are performed in a timely manner
- Engages directly with local communities, local authorities, local organisations and the general public so as to ensure that the Company's reputation is held in high regard
- Promotes and maintains a safe environment for all personnel, ensuring on-going development and training of employees and equipment is maintained to a high standard
- Actively participates in and promotes company health and safety campaigns, policies and procedures, and ensures personal safety and that of colleagues at all times
- Leads the site emergency response team
In the industry
The OTM is normally employed directly by an Operator and works closely with operations management and operations support teams. The OTM is responsible in law for the execution of all operational activities with respect to health, safety and welfare of all persons at the facility. This role is vital to the safe and effective delivery of production in the Oil and Gas Industry. An OTM might be based at an oil or gas processing facility in the UK or abroad. This role is the most senior manager on site and is responsible for dealing with any emergency situations.