About this role
- Controls and manages stock and inventory levels
- Tracks inventory trends, discovering ways to save money, and maintain consistency in material quality and delivery schedules
- Designs material and supply movement plans using specialist materials management software systems.
- Predicts and tracks customer product demand, manages transportation of exports and imports, and develops productivity improvement proposals
- Ensures that a company's inventory is regularly audited and up to date, and sufficient to maintain any projects a company wants to undertake in future
- Maintains strong relationships both internally and with external suppliers to ensure supply of materials meets company technical and safety requirements
- Liaises with suppliers on material, company specifications and certification requirements
- Plans delivery timetables with other functions and departments
- Prepares update reports on activities as required by Management
- Reports any breaches of safety procedures to supervision / management
- Actively participates in and promotes company health and safety campaigns, policies and procedures, and ensures personal safety and that of colleagues at all times
In the industry
Materials Analysts fulfil a key role in planning and forecasting the right volumes of materials, goods and products required by a business from its suppliers to meet business needs and objectives. They are found in a variety of organisations including the Operators who own or manage production installations, major Engineering Contractors, Drilling Contractors and specialist service and manufacturing companies.