About this role
- Focuses on optimising drilling and completion fluids and solids control equipment performance.
- Supervises third party drilling fluids service providers, and the drilling company's personnel when supporting drilling fluids operations
- Assists in cementing fluids preparations and tank management
- Manages proper disposal of drilling fluids as per government regulations and company Environmental policies
- Completes the daily, end of section and end of well reports, and submits to the relevant Company personnel for review
- Completes the Daily Mud Report Complete the Company's specified well summary data at the end of each drilling hole section and at the end of the well
- Maintains material inventories and movements which are to be carefully checked and closed out at the end of each drilling hole section and at the end of the well
- Reports any breaches of safety procedures to management
- Actively participates in and promotes company health and safety campaigns, policies and procedures, and ensures personal safety and that of colleagues at all times
- Provides support as part of the drilling emergency response team
In the industry
Works closely with drilling engineering and completions teams, to drill for oil and gas in new or existing fields. Drilling Fluids Engineers can be employed onshore or offshore, and are typically hired by specialist drilling and well services companies that provide contracted services to the operating companies. Drilling Fluids Engineers play an essential role in the drilling and production process by ensuring that the wells are fully and safely operational.