About this role
- Produces technical/engineering drawings and designs, 3D models, layouts, sketches, etc. to company or industry specifications and standards
- Compiles design/work packages including procedures, calculations, etc.
- Checks all drawings produced to ensure accuracy and suitability
- Ensures compliance with drawing/engineering office document control procedures
- Provides general support to discipline engineers
- Carries out site/offshore surveys and produces reports
- Reports any breaches of safety procedures to supervision / management
- Actively participates in and promotes company health and safety campaigns, policies and procedures, and ensures personal safety and that of colleagues at all times
In the industry
The production of technical/engineering drawings and models is an essential part of the design, engineering and construction process and the work is undertaken in all aspects of the industry including equipment/tool manufacture, large and small-scale engineering/construction projects, maintenance work scopes, etc. The Draughtsperson / Computer Aided Design (CAD) Operator fulfils a critical role in ensuring that industry and company technical standards are met and excellence is sought at every opportunity.