About this role
- Reviews bids, conduct negotiations and administer the award of contracts and contract amendments and provision of feedback to bidders
- Drafts appropriate contractual and commercial terms and conditions to best serve and protect Company's interests
- Reviews and amends standard contract documentation as required
- Builds and maintain relationships with suppliers in order to secure positive, constructive and cost effective commercial agreements for the Company
- Provides general assistance and advice on contractual and procurement matters as required to support Company's operations.
- Monitors the performance of service providers on a regular basis.
- Prepares update reports on activities as required by Management Reports any breaches of safety procedures to supervision / management
- Actively participates in and promotes company health and safety campaigns, policies and procedures, and ensures personal safety and that of colleagues at all times
In the industry
Contracts Engineers provide an essential skills set to the Oil and Gas industry. They ensure that the business agreements or contracts that the company enters in to are commercially viable, that costs are managed and that the company understands the commercial risks that may be involved. Contracts Engineers are found in a variety of organisations including the Operators who own or manage production installations, major Engineering Contractors, Drilling Contractors and specialist service companies.