About this role
- Develops and implements the commercial strategy for the company
- Liaises closely with other senior managers
- Supports the tendering and contracts awards process.
- Negotiates, develops and manages all commercial agreements to optimise the Company's commercial interests
- Provides commercial support on all operations and development work
- Ensures commercial practices comply with industry and regulatory requirements
- Identifies and develops growth opportunities for the company
- Supports the development of new business opportunities
- Manages the team of commercial contracts and legal staff effectively
- Prepares update reports on activities as required by senior Management Reports any breaches of safety procedures to supervision / management
- Actively participates in and promotes company health and safety campaigns, policies and procedures, and ensures personal safety and that of colleagues at all times
In the industry
Most organisations within the oil and gas sector will employ Commercial managers as this role is essential to ensure continuous company growth in line with business strategy and plans, and to maximise the company's commercial interests and profitability in the industry.