About this role
- Provides front-line support and accurately completes all paperwork prior to or upon completion of job
- Responsible for the preparation of the slurry for pumping in to the wellbore and performing cementing calculations
- Ensures the operation of equipment is in accordance with the company's safety and operating procedures and offshore cementing standards
- Ensures that equipment pressure testing is carried out in a routine manner
- Handles special projects as assigned.
- Ensures that the Health and Safety of co-workers, or any other person who may be affected by the activities is the primary consideration before planning and executing any operational task.
- Reports any breaches of safety procedures to supervision / management
- Actively participates in and promotes company health and safety campaigns, policies and procedures, and ensures personal safety and that of colleagues at all times
- Provides support as part of the drilling emergency response team
In the industry
Works closely with drilling engineering and completions teams, to drill for oil and gas in new or existing fields. Cementers can be employed onshore or offshore, and are typically hired by specialist drilling and well services companies that provide contracted services to the operating companies. The role of Cementer is critical to the smooth operation of wellbores to allow the maximisation of production and well operations offshore and on land installations.