About this role
- Sources and selects suppliers and potential alternative suppliers
- Sources competitive bids from qualified suppliers and negotiates with suppliers over cost and delivery
- Manages and tracks bids and orders throughout the process
- Prepares and issues purchase orders and enquiries to suppliers.
- Maintains accurate and complete procurement documentation records in support of quotations, bids and enquiries
- Liaises with vendors on material, company specifications and certification requirements
- Plans delivery timetables with other all functions and departments
- Prepares update reports on activities as required by Management
- Reports any breaches of safety procedures to supervision / management
- Actively participates in and promotes company health and safety campaigns, policies and procedures, and ensures personal safety and that of colleagues at all times
In the industry
This onshore office based role provides essential services to the company and industry as is responsible for buying the essential products, materials and parts necessary to support the onshore and offshore operations. Buyers are found in a variety of organisations including the Operators who own or manage production installations, major Engineering Contractors, Drilling Contractors and specialist service companies.