Well Test Engineer
The Well Test Engineer forms part of a team that is responsible and accountable for all aspects of Well Test operations and activities covering planning, equipment, personnel and third party equipment.
- Typical Day/Duties
- How this role fits in with the rest of the industry
- Basic entry requirements include (necessary)
- Employers might also look for (desirable)
- Typical starting salary may be in the region of
- Typical Salary Once Experienced
- Career Development
- Responsible for supporting the day to day Well Intervention Operations and planning routine Well Test Programmes in line with company, safety and industry standards.
- Ensures data is collected accurately and presented professionally to achieve a high quality report for the client.
- Liaises with Operations Supervisor (Onshore) to ensure they are fully aware of offshore/onshore operations.
- Compiles end of job report to required standard in a timely and efficient manner.
- Attends pre and post test Client meetings when required.
- Assists in the onshore base, creating reports, packing kits etc.
- Actively participates in and promotes company health and safety campaigns, policies and procedures.
Well Test Engineer plays an essential role in the drilling and production process by ensuring that the wells are fully operational. They are typically hired by drilling and well services companies that provide contracted services to the operating companies.
- HND/ BTEC or equivalent in Engineering
- Basic offshore induction and emergency training (BOSIET)
- Offshore Medical Certificate
- Degree in Engineering related subject or equivalent
- Good knowledge of offshore operations/ facilities
- Good knowledge of offshore HSE/ regulations
- £25,000 - £30,000
- £50,000 upwards
Well Test Supervisor/ Team Lead, Well Integrity Technical Authority, Technical Trainer or Wells Manager