The Technical Assistant is a key role in any project team or organisation. The job holder ensures that technical and administrative tasks are completed in a timely manner to support the technical personnel in the delivery of the specific piece of work or project.
Click here to view a case study of a technical assistant.
- Typical Day/Duties
- How this role fits in with the rest of the industry
- Basic entry requirements include (necessary)
- Employers might also look for (desirable)
- Typical starting salary may be in the region of
- Typical Salary Once Experienced
- Career Development
- Supports technical and engineering personnel with project support duties.
- Compiles technical reports.
- Provides input to technical studies/research projects, technical reports, project planning, etc.
- Produces accurate statistics, relevant figures, etc.
- Undertakes data analysis, identifies and investigates variations.
- Prepares technical drawings, datasheets and documents under the direction of the engineers.
- Develops and maintains technical databases and spreadsheets.
- Sources technical documents, information and drawings.
Technical Assistants are found in a variety of organisations and may have the requirement to travel offshore from time to time. The role is essential as it supports the technical personnel and ensures that they have the correct information and support to carry out their roles effectively and supports the timely delivery of projects.
- Strong IT skills
- HNC/ HND or equivalent in administrative or technical discipline.
- Advanced use of e.g. Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, MS Project.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- £18,000 – 25,000
- £30,000 – £45,000
Senior Technical Assistant, Draughtsperson/CAD, Document Management