The ROV (Remotely Operated Vehicle)Technician maintains, repairs and operates ROV equipment for offshore projects and provides onshore support where appropriate. Specific tasks will vary depending on the technical area of speciality (mechanical, electrical or electronics).
- Typical Day/Duties
- How this role fits in with the rest of the industry
- Basic entry requirements include (necessary)
- Employers might also look for (desirable)
- Typical starting salary may be in the region of
- Typical Salary Once Experienced
- Career Development
- Operates ROV systems as directed by the System Supervisor/ Superintendent.
- Assembles, tests and commissions ROV systems and associated equipment.
- Carries out planned discipline specific maintenance and repairs on ROV’s and associated equipment as required by the company, client or regulatory procedures.
- Ensures post job analysis, fault finding and interfacing of new equipment or sensors.
- Ensures operations and data recording are carried out correctly.
- Liaises with other technical departments on special equipment, research and development and deviations from test specifications.
- Liaises with onshore teams to ensure that spare parts are in stock as required.
- Works within company, client and industry guidelines/ standards, adhering to health and safety requirements at all times.
- Ensures personal safety and that of colleagues at all times.
This role is vital to the safe and effective delivery of subsea production/ processing of oil and gas or in ensuring that ROV equipment used offshore is in a safe condition and meets safety and technical standards.
- HND/ BTEC or equivalent in an engineering/ technical discipline
- Basic offshore induction and emergency training (BOSIET)
- Offshore Medical Certificate
- Good understanding of industry and HSE practices applicable to job role
- Practical knowledge and experience of maintenance of systems and equipment
- Good communication skills
- £25,000 - £30,000
- £30,000 - £50,000
ROV Pilot, ROV Supervisor, ROV Technical Support Engineer, ROV Project Manager, Technical Sales