Usually working as part of an engineering team, delivers engineering modifications and projects safely to the business or for clients with involvement from project initiation to closeout and handover to operations/client teams.
Click here to view a case study of a project engineer.
- Typical Day/Duties
- How this role fits in with the rest of the industry
- Basic entry requirements include (necessary)
- Employers might also look for (desirable)
- Typical starting salary may be in the region of
- Typical Salary Once Experienced
- Career Development
- Ensures team members have a clear understanding of the overall strategy, business drivers and priorities of the project.
- Develops project plans including engineering design/procurement, fabrication, vendor mobilisation, offshore construction and commissioning.
- Manages the interface and communication processes between parties on all project activities.
- Ensures changes to technical specifications are risk assessed, managed and appropriately captured in engineering and related documentation.
- Ensures risk assessments are undertaken.
- Manages project budgets/costs.
- Reviews work schedules/plans, identifies opportunities to improve performance, reduce costs, maximise use of resources, etc.
- Ensures all activities are in line with industry/engineering/H&S standards.
- May be required to make offshore visits to check on progress.
Project Engineers work for operators and engineering/maintenance companies and have an essential role to play within technical project teams in ensuring that construction/maintenance projects are completed safely and within budget.
- Degree/HND or equivalent in an engineering discipline
- Experience in an engineering/technical role
- Experience in project planning, cost control, offshore construction, fabrication
- Chartered Engineer
- Project Management qualification
- Good knowledge of offshore operations/facilities
- Good knowledge of offshore HSE/regulations
- £25,000 – £35,000 (depending on entry point, location and company)
- £50,000 upwards
Project Manager, Construction Manager, Engineering Manager