Pipefitters fit and fabricate pipework for offshore equipment or drilling/well operations.
- Typical Day/Duties
- How this role fits in with the rest of the industry
- Basic entry requirements include (necessary)
- Employers might also look for (desirable)
- Typical starting salary may be in the region of
- Typical Salary Once Experienced
- Career Development
- Follows engineering instructions and drawings.
- Checks correct part numbers are used before assembly.
- Updates job status sheets.
- Fabricates pipework to standards required
- Cuts pipes/casing to size using cutting equipment in preparation for assembly.
- Grinds ends of casing in preparation for welding.
May be based onshore in a workshop, or offshore on a platform or drilling rig. Shiftwork may be involved.
- Welding/grinding experience or qualification
- Offshore survival certificate (if job based offshore)
- Trades test/certification
- Apprenticeship in e.g. Fabrication, Welding
- Experience on particular pipework
- £20,000 upwards
Chargehand, Workshop Supervisor, Quality Inspector