Offshore Helideck Assistant (HDA)
The Offshore Helideck Assistant is responsible for supporting the landing and departure of routinely scheduled helicopters carrying personnel offshore to installations or vessels in a safe and timely manner.
- Typical Day/Duties
- How this role fits in with the rest of the industry
- Basic entry requirements include (necessary)
- Employers might also look for (desirable)
- Typical starting salary may be in the region of
- Typical Salary Once Experienced
- Career Development
- Assists in the preparation of pre-mobilization platform preparations, including; fits safety signs, marks escape routes, fits station bills and safety plans around the platform.
- Works as part of the team that supports safe landings of Helicopters offshore in various weather conditions.
- Forms part of the Emergency Response Team.
- Ensures that general deck crew duties around the unit are carried out safely in line with operations and Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Carries out routine maintenance of deck equipment.
- Works in the team responsible for freight/ cargo movements; loading and unloading helicopters freight in a safe and timely manner.
- Ensures refuelling takes place in safe and timely manner.
- Reports any breaches of safety procedures to Helicopter Landing Officer (HLO).
- Carries out ‘Banksman-slinger duties; ensuring safety in crane, rigging and slinging operations, as required.
Helicopter travel for offshore requirements forms a large part of the industry requirements and it is essential that landings and take-offs are carried out in a safe manner to ensure the safety of all personnel involved. The Helideck Crew members support this function.
- Helideck Assistant Certificate (OPITO Standard)
- Basic offshore induction and emergency training (BOSIET)
- Offshore Medical Certificate
- Offshore Emergency Helideck Team Member Certificate (OPITO Standards)
- Helicopter Refuelling Certificate (OPITO Standards)
- £20,000 - £25,000
- £35,000 upwards
Helideck Team Lead, Helicopter Landing Officer (HLO)