Mudloggers normally based offshore to collect and monitor information from drilling operations and rock samples using a variety of equipment and laboratory techniques. The information gathered is passed on to the drilling team for operational purposes.
- Typical Day/Duties
- How this role fits in with the rest of the industry
- Basic entry requirements include (necessary)
- Employers might also look for (desirable)
- Typical starting salary may be in the region of
- Typical Salary Once Experienced
- Career Development
- Collects, processes, logs and analyses rock samples.
- Monitors computer recordings of drillings.
- Using a computer interprets and analyses information and shares this with the drilling team on a regular basis.
- Carries out on site maintenance as required.
- Prepares written reports as required by the drilling team or operator.
- Adheres to and promotes all Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Mudloggers support the Data Engineers/ Crew Chief by collecting rock samples and carrying out analysis of the samples. The role is integral in to the exploration and production process.
- HND or equivalent in relevant subject with relevant work experience
- Degree in relevant subject (e.g. Geology) or equivalent
- Basic offshore induction and emergency training (BOSIET)
- Offshore Medical Certificate
- £25,000 - £30,000
- £45,000 - £70,000
Data Engineer, Crew Chief, Client Representative, Field Specialist or Specialist technical development.