Provides a materials management service to the company and ensures materials and equipment is in the right place at the right time.
- Typical Day/Duties
- How this role fits in with the rest of the industry
- Basic entry requirements include (necessary)
- Employers might also look for (desirable)
- Typical starting salary may be in the region of
- Typical Salary Once Experienced
- Career Development
- Arranges for the delivery and despatch of goods and materials.
- Ensures materials/equipment has necessary certification.
- Ensures stores/warehouse/yard personnel are aware of deliveries and that space is allocated for goods on arrival.
- Chases up suppliers to ensure goods and materials are delivered on time to meet the needs of the business.
- Maintains the materials management system.
- Prepares reports on materials receipt and delivery and on supplier performance.
- Acts as a focal point for suppliers and internal departments for questions about materials scheduling, problems, etc.
This is a key role within the supply chain process in ensuring that materials and equipment are available at the right time to support offshore and onshore operations and projects.
- Good organisation and administration skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- HNC/HND in Business or Administration related topic (or equivalent)
- Awareness of requirements for transportation of hazardous goods
- Experience in a similar role within the oil and gas industry
- Familiar with materials management system, SAP, etc.
- May be working towards CIPS membership
- £20,000 - £30,000
- £30,000 - £40,000
Senior Materials Controller, Materials Manager, Supply Chain Team Leader