Company Lawyers provide a wide range of legal advice to the company and draft and review complex legal and commercial contracts and other documents.
Click here to view a case study of a Lawyer.
- Typical Day/Duties
- How this role fits in with the rest of the industry
- Basic entry requirements include (necessary)
- Employers might also look for (desirable)
- Typical starting salary may be in the region of
- Typical Salary Once Experienced
- Career Development
- Provides advice and guidance to management on a range of legal issues.
- Attends meetings with joint venture partners or contract companies and negotiates legal and commercial matters.
- Drafts, reviews and amends legal documents.
- Instructs external legal advisors/specialists.
- Keeps up to date with legal matters that affect the industry.
- May act as Company Secretary.
Lawyers play an important part in the industry by negotiating and drafting complicated contracts and agreements and making sure that the company’s business interests are protected.
- Fully qualified lawyer
- Experience as a commercial/corporate lawyer or legal assistant – in a law firm or in a company/organisation
- MSc in Oil & Gas Law or equivalent
£30,000 - £45,000
£50,000 - £120,000
e.g. Legal Manager, Commercial Manager, specialist Legal Consultant