The Cementer supports the process of preparing a well for further drilling, production or abandonment. Cementing a well is the procedure of developing and pumping cement into place in a wellbore.
- Typical Day/Duties
- How this role fits in with the rest of the industry
- Basic entry requirements include (necessary)
- Employers might also look for (desirable)
- Typical starting salary may be in the region of
- Typical Salary Once Experienced
- Career Development
- Provides front-line support for customer and accurately completes all paperwork prior to or upon completion of job.
- Responsible for the preparation of the slurry for pumping in to the wellbore and performing cementing calculations.
- Ensures the operation of equipment is in accordance with the company’s safety and operating procedures and offshore cementing standards.
- Ensures that equipment pressure testing is carried out in a routine manner.
- Handles special projects as assigned.
- Ensures that the Health and Safety of co-workers, or any other person who may be affected by the activities is the primary consideration before planning and executing any operational task.
The role of Cementer is critical to the smooth operation of wellbores to allow the maximisation of production and well operations offshore and on land installations.
- Maths and English at GCSE or equivalent
- HNC or equivalent in engineering related subject
- Commercial Operators Licence
- Oilfield equipment operating experience
- General knowledge of drilling and completion techniques and drilling/ work over rig operations
- £18,000 - £25,000
- £40,000 - £55,000
Cementing Field Supervisor, Field Specialist or drilling operations