Undertakes a wide range of accounting and financial reporting activities. Accountants need to meet strict company and statutory reporting deadlines.
Click here to view a case study of an Accountant
- Typical Day/Duties
- How this role fits in with the rest of the industry
- Basic entry requirements include (necessary)
- Employers might also look for (desirable)
- Typical starting salary may be in the region of
- Typical Salary Once Experienced
- Career Development
- Produces financial reports from accounting systems and analyses reports
- Calculates financial accruals
- Undertakes reconciliations
- Produces budgets
- Prepares financial forecasts
- Collates information for statutory returns
Every business has to produce company or statutory accounts (tax, VAT, payroll) which report on the financial dealings and health of the company. In the oil and gas industry, there are very strict tax rules and regulations and it is vital that companies comply with these requirements.
- HND or degree level in a finance or business-related subject
- Good computer/IT skills
- Professional accountancy qualification e.g. CIMA/ICAS/ACCA
- Previous experience in an accounting/ finance role
£24,000 - £30,000
Accounts/Finance Manager, Accounting Team Leader, Specialist Accountant e.g. tax, corporate finance, internal audit/control. In some companies, career development may be dependant on studying professional exams and becoming a qualified accountant.